For the purpose of this post, I consider fast-food places to have their own category.
Honesty, I don’t eat out very often. My favorite places to eat are steak houses and Italian food restaurants.
Based on looking at labels in the supermarket, I make several assumptions when I go to a restaurant. Here are the assumptions:
- All condiments like barbeque sauce, ketchup, etc. (except mustard) have sugar in it.
- All salad dressing (except usually vinaigrette) has sugar in it.
- All bread has sugar in it.
- All desserts have sugar in it! (Duh! LOL!)
- All drinks except water, milk & 100% juice has sugar in it. So I always order water to drink.
When I go to an Italian restaurant, I usually order chicken or seafood pasta, a Caesar salad (or regular salad with vinaigrette on the side).
When I go to a steak house, I usually order their rib-eye, a salad (with vinaigrette dressing on the side), and either mash potatoes or baked potato (with butter, cheese, sour cream on the side).
I eat at a restaurant about 6x per year.
My favorite “fast foods” are Subway (made with flatbread) and McDonald’s chicken wrap with no sauce. I don’t order hamburgers. I will also eat some fried chicken. And oh, how can I forget Chick-fil-A? Probably the best fast-food place around!
However, I do not eat fast food very often – usually 2x per month at the most!