Monday, February 27, 2012

Tips on Eating at Restaurants


For the purpose of this post, I consider fast-food places to have their own category.

Honesty, I don’t eat out very often.  My favorite places to eat are steak houses and Italian food restaurants.

Based on looking at labels in the supermarket, I make several assumptions when I go to a restaurant.  Here are the assumptions:

  • All condiments like barbeque sauce, ketchup, etc. (except mustard) have sugar in it.
  • All salad dressing (except usually vinaigrette) has sugar in it.
  • All bread has sugar in it.
  • All desserts have sugar in it!  (Duh!  LOL!)
  • All drinks except water, milk & 100% juice has sugar in it.  So I always order water to drink.

Restaurants

When I go to an Italian restaurant, I usually order chicken or seafood pasta, a Caesar salad (or regular salad with vinaigrette on the side).

When I go to a steak house, I usually order their rib-eye, a salad (with vinaigrette dressing on the side), and either mash potatoes or baked potato (with butter, cheese, sour cream on the side).

I eat at a restaurant about 6x per year.

Fast Food

My favorite “fast foods” are Subway (made with flatbread) and McDonald’s chicken wrap with no sauce.  I don’t order hamburgers.   I will also eat some fried chicken.  And oh, how can I forget Chick-fil-A?  Probably the best fast-food place around!

However, I do not eat fast food very often – usually 2x per month at the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment