Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Losing Weight Without Diet and Exercise - Initial Struggles


It is amazing how much of the food we eat has sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in it!  Pancakes, waffles, syrup, just about all bread, crackers (like Ritz, Townhouse), Graham Crackers, cookies, bread, biscuits, bagels, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, mayonnaise, Thousand Island/ French/Ranch/Honey Mustard Salad Dressing (and many others), barbecue sauce, some seasonings, soda, koolaid, juice cocktail (examples: grape, cranapple, sparkling juice cocktail, etc.), ice cream, pudding, cake, candy bars, chocolate, and the list goes on and on!

Here’s a funny story:  when I first started, it took me about a week to weed out sugar & HFCS from what I ate and drank.  For whatever reason, I thought Graham Crackers did not have sugar in it!  LOL!   I ate an entire box of Crackers in one sitting!

There was another instance in the 1st 10 days or so where I ate an entire box of Townhouse crackers.  Since they were crackers, I thought they were “safe”, so I didn’t look at the ingredients.  Then I looked and saw that they had sugar in it!

Of course, this change in food approach also meant no more ice cream, cake, or milk shakes.   Several fast-food places came out with smoothies, but just about all of them put sugar in it in addition to natural fruit sugar.
 
So I started to realize that I had to come up with some food and drink swaps without resorting to “diet” drinks or dessert.  I also needed to learn how to eat on holidays and in restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment