I hear a lot from people that they cannot give up sugar. I also think that many people don’t realize that a lot of the food they eat has high fructose corn syrup in it.
I can relate. The 1st thing that came to my mind was no more waffles or pancakes! But rather than focus on the negatives (what I can’t eat), I chose to focus on what I can eat!
So like I said in a previous post, the key to Phase #1 in my weight loss was to find some replacement foods for sugar & high fructose corn syrup. Take a look at this video of my suggestions.
- Plain yogurt mixed with fruit – I usually do bananas + peaches, or strawberries, or mangoes, etc. You could even put nuts in it.
- Grits (sometimes even with eggs)
- Scrambled eggs – eat with a tortilla.
- Fruit: Examples: cantaloupe, bananas, grapefruit, etc.
- Cream of Wheat – Sometimes I sweeten it with pure maple syrup or honey. Also like to season with nutmeg & cinnamon
- Oatmeal: I sweeten this like I sweeten Cream of Wheat.
- Note: I have not been a cereal eater, but there are cereals out there with neither no sugar nor high fructose corn syrup
So these are 7 ideas, enough to get you through the week. What suggestions do you have?