Thursday, March 8, 2012

Breakfast Ideas for Replacing Sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup


I hear a lot from people that they cannot give up sugar.  I also think that many people don’t realize that a lot of the food they eat has high fructose corn syrup in it.

I can relate.  The 1st thing that came to my mind was no more waffles or pancakes!  But rather than focus on the negatives (what I can’t eat), I chose to focus on what I can eat!

So like I said in a previous post, the key to Phase #1 in my weight loss was to find some replacement foods for sugar & high fructose corn syrup.  Take a look at this video of my suggestions.





Suggestions include:

  • Plain yogurt mixed with fruit – I usually do bananas + peaches, or strawberries, or mangoes, etc.  You could even put nuts in it.
  • Grits (sometimes even with eggs)
  • Scrambled eggs – eat with a tortilla.
  • Fruit:  Examples: cantaloupe, bananas, grapefruit, etc.
  • Cream of Wheat – Sometimes I sweeten it with pure maple syrup or honey.  Also like to season with nutmeg & cinnamon
  • Oatmeal:  I sweeten this like I sweeten Cream of Wheat.
  • Note:  I have not been a cereal eater, but there are cereals out there with neither no sugar nor high fructose corn syrup

So these are 7 ideas, enough to get you through the week.  What suggestions do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment