Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How to Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup and Sugar in Your Food: 2 Simple Steps


In keeping with my Phase #1 Weight Loss K.I.S.S.  (Keep It Short and Simple) theme, here are 2 simple steps that I found to avoid HFCS and Sugar in what I eat:

Step #1:  Learn to read food labels.

This is the key step!  Some manufacturers try to get hip with this and disguise sugar especially on the labels.  So if it also has these names sucrose, glucose, cane sugar, cane juice, dextrose, corn syrup, brown sugar, malt syrup, crystalline fructose in the label, I don’t eat it!  And sometimes I have to periodically refresh myself on the sugar disguise names!

Why I don't Eat Mayo!



Spaghetti Sauce!





 And of course, remember, if it has High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar in the ingredients, don’t eat it regardless of the calories, or whether it says “all natural,” etc.

Step #2:  Learn what to have as replacement foods. 

 I actually learned this the hard way as I wrote about in Initial Struggles.  I will be posting lots of ideas and foods that I eat as time goes on.  In the meantime, check out an example from the videos below.

Replacement Food Ideas!









So I followed these 2 steps, and the weight was falling off, without exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment