Well, okay, maybe not.
But I decided to "earn" this breakfast by having an intense workout this morning. Now, I'm in Phase #3 of my weight loss. So I don't workout to lose weight - strange as that may sound to some. I workout for a purpose.
And now, my purpose for workouts is to build/enhance power and explosion. I'm jumping ahead of myself, the nuts and bolts of that statement will be discussed when I get to Phase #3 in the blog.
My workout lasted about 45 minutes. I think I do what some call "interval training."
My workout consisted of a warm up, then 5 stations where I perform "supersets." A superset is where I do 1 exercise immediately followed by another.
I allocate 5 minutes per station. The goal is to do as many supersets in 5 minutes as possible, with the goal being 3 sets minimum per station. When the 5 minutes are up, I take about a 15 second break or so and go to the next station.
Here was the workout:
- Warm-up: 1/2 mile on the treadmill in about 4 minutes, followed by stretching, then into supersets described below.
- Station #1: Jump rope (5 sets of 50) supersetted with 5 sets of 20 situps. On even sets of jump rope, jump on 1 leg, alternating legs on every 10 jumps.
- Station #2: Stiff Leg Deadlifts supersetted with alternating lunges (I did these while holding a 25 lb weight)
- Station #3: Bicep curls supersetted with tricep curls with a curl bar (I actually added this at the last minute because my next station was being used at the time
- Station #4: Inverted rows (I did this one resting my feet on a bench) supersetted with fishtails. Fishtails: remain in the push-up position and jump your legs from side to side, 10x each side = 1 set.
- Station #5: Burpees. I was only able to do 2 sets in 5 minutes.
- Station #6: Elevated side plank dumbbell reach (note: it's similar to this exercise on youtube, except I'm elevated b/w 2 benches); supersetted with bench jumps. I was only able to do 2 sets in 5 minutes.
- Cool down with stretching.