Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vita Coco Coconut Water Product Review


My calves have been cramping near the end of my track workouts (sometimes in the middle of the workout too).  My training partners & I suspected that the culprit is not being hydrated enough.

Let me say that I am not a Gatorade drinker, because Gatorade has sugar in it.  Now I know there is a new Gatorade out without sugar, but that might be for another review.

I started hearing about how Coconut Water has way more potassium than bananas, and more than sports drinks.  Since coconut water is also “natural”, I decided to give Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water a try.

Vita Coco comes in several flavors.  I had the Peach & Mango flavor.

Not only did it taste good, but it did not disappoint on the hydration aspect.  I drank some during my 10x 100 Meter workout.  In a typical workout, I would start cramping around the 6th 100 Meter.  But that didn’t happen this time!

I definitely plan on using Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water more often.  This stuff isn’t cheap, so I may look at ordering it in bulk from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment