Thursday, March 29, 2012

Top 4 Ways to Start an Exercise Program to Lose Weight

Many people are at a loss as far as how to start a consistent exercise program.  So the purpose of this post is to give you the top 4 ways that I’ve found to start an exercise program from scratch.

  1. Do it yourself – either at home or in a gym.  This is what I did.  Having been a track athlete in High School and a walk-on football player in college (albeit for one semester), I knew about working out.   I did some google searches & youtube searches.  I ended up doing circuit training weight lifting workouts, which I will talk about in a separate post.
  2. Hire a personal trainer.   Again, if you don’t know where to start, that’s where a personal trainer comes in.  There are a variety of personal trainer options available.  Now-a-days, you don’t have to meet with a personal trainer face-to-face!  There are several products online, as well as downloadable apps that do this for you!  Examples include Fitbit and Cyberfit360!
  3. Join a bootcamp.  Bootcamps typically combine cardio, weight training, and circuit/interval training which is considered the best way to lose weight (more about how I’ve done this in later posts).  I go to a free bootcamp in my home town 2x per month.  Oh – that’s another tip: Many bootcamps offer at least 1 free session!
  4. Purchase an exercise program!  My faves are: any program that involves kettlebells (KettleWorx and RKS), P90X (which I’ve done some of their exercises that are posted on youtube as part of some of my circuit training workouts), and the INSANITY WORKOUT  (I've also done some of their exercises that I found on youtube).

No comments:

Post a Comment